Saturday, October 6, 2012

Round Hardanger Doily

I finished my round Hardanger doily a few days ago.  So, I thought I'd post a picture of it here.

Here is the doily in all of it's glory.
Here is a close up of one section of the doily.  I love the satin motif in here.  It's a flower and it's got wheat sheafs coming out from behind in a way.  It's all in how you look at it.
I also believe the overall piece follows the satin motif.
Keep on stitchin'...

Wednesday, September 19, 2012


After some time away for personal reasons, I have decided to post what I've been doing the past few months. It will be a picture heavy post. All of these pieces that follow I placed on the same fabric so that I could get as much use out of it as possible and not waste any.

A round doily

An oval doily
A cross shaped ornament
A dimond shaped ornament

A diamond shaped doily and the biggest piece I've made to date.
The large doily is actually the piece I started stitching on about 10 years ago or so. So it's dead cener in the fabric. The reason it's taken me so long to get it completely stitched and ready to be cut out is that I lost the piece for roughly 7 years. Then it was a matter of finding pieces that would fit the blank areas in the fabric to fill it up. The first one to be chosen by myself and my mom was the oval doily, then the two ornaments and finally the round doily. After I was done with the stitching it was time to wash it so that the fabric would shrink a little and be safe to wash at a later date due to getting dirty. Plus, it was uber dirty from being handled for so long in stitching of the various pieces. After it was washed and dried I ironed the piece. Then it was time to decide which piece to cut out first. So, being that it's been a while since I'd actually done any cutting on a Hardanger piece I went with the option of doing the two ornaments first.

So that meant putting star beads onto the cross shaped ornament:

As you can see at the top point I put an eyelet so that a ribbon could be passed through for easy hanging.  I did that before completely cutting it out.
The diamond shaped ornament I a new filling to me.  It's woven and wrapped bars.  It's also known as a Maltese Cross.  I'm rather happy with the way it turned out and will be trying it again in the future.
Then it was onto the oval doily.

I don't have a picture of it at this time, I will find it and insert later, lol. Now I'm onto the round doily. Here are some pictures of it at this time.
I still have to "leaves" to cut out and weave then it's onto completely cutting it out and I will post a picture at that time. Keep on stitchin'...

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Valentine's Hearts Finished

Here is a picture of my completed cross stitch I started in the early morning hours of February 14th:

I was talking with my mom about it and she asked me if I were going to put anything into the middle empty hearts, like beads. I told her that the designer doesn't call for it because it's supposed to be made into a diamond shaped ornament. She suggested it because she might use it as a bag insert. What do you all think?

Keep On Stitchin'....

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

And in stitchy news....Here's a little something I started around 12:30 this morning:

Keep On Stitchin'....

Friday, February 10, 2012

New Year New Completions

I realize I'm more than a month behind in wishing everyone a Happy New Year but better late than sorry :). The reason I've been so lax is because I've been helping my mom with the Fire Relief effort for Bastrop, TX. If you're interested in finding out about that go to the StitchMAP blog called K.N.A.S.S, she'll be going down on 2/21 to distribute all that has been collected for the victims on Saturday 2/25.

Here is something I started in October when I went up to Michigan to help my dad with my grandpa's house. I was able to finish it in December in time for my local EGA chapter's annual Christmas Ornament Exchange:

On a stitching related note I started a biscornu patter in December 2011 and finished it in January 2012, of course lol. Here is a picture of it:

I got the pattern from Le Blog de Louison a French blog where she designs different biscornus, both 8 and 15 sided ones. She also dabbles in different styles. This design was Biscornu #117. I did just the positive pattern. That's what I love about her blog she does Assisi style patterns. I chose to work in Rainbow Gallery Splendor #878 (Gold) and #1003 (Purple). They complement each other nicely. I worked the sides differently as you can tell by the photgraph. One has a Purple center and one has a Gold Center. It amazes me how the darker center pops more than the lighter center. I have stitched the two pieces together in the biscornu shape. I'll post a picture when I am completely done with it :).

Also in November & December I did a number of Beaded Christmas ornaments. Here are some of the pictures:

All of these ornaments went down to Texas for the first part of the Fire Relief Effort. Along with other Christmas items to be distributed to the victims of the Texas wildfires that happened last year.

This ornament stayed in Colorado.

This ornament stayed at my house. The lampwork beads were a freebie from Goody Beads for purchasing from their website.

Here is my Stashmas present that is an annual exchange on the Cross Stitch Forum. I sent to Kathryn in Canada:

Keep On Stitchin'....