I started cutting out the weaving area late December 2012. I got a little section of it done then set it aside until the new year. Most of my weaving has been this year, and here is a picture of it:
I've added a Dove's Eye filling to this piece. The pattern calls for no filling stitches in the weaving area. I wanted to better my Dove's Eye stitch again. So here is a picture of it up close and personal:
I had to come up with this pattern. I prefer to do my Dove's Eyes in the middle if at all possible. I personally don't like to stitch inbetween the Kloster blocks.
Here is a closer view of the area I'm stitching to next. You can see that I have cut by the Kloster blocks towards the center of the design, however I've left the cloth fibers in until I get closer. I will then remove them and cut the opposing side so that I will get my weaving grid:
I hope to keep my blog updated as I finish this large beautiful doily. I will be happy when it is done but also sad at the same time because it's taken me so long to accomplish. I hope I won't be putting a piece aside and losing track of it again in the future, but that is probably a hope that is in vain.
Keep on Stitchin'...